I've been in the cosmetic industry for about fifteen years now and I'm absolutely in love with what I do. The best part of my job is he...
High interest on innovation & investigation. Had participated in projects such as development of biopolymers and implementation of bior...
Expert in developing formulations for skincare, personal care, OTC and medicated products. Developed and assisted in launching 100s of haircare...
- Specialist in hydrocarbon gas chromatography using Gas Chromatographs with Flame Ionization Detection (GC-FID) and with Selective Detection b...
We, Bridgedots Techservices, are a Technology, Research and Consultancy company based out of India. We develop new and innovative products &...
Hi, This is your exact place if you are looking for the services of an experienced researcher, writer, and formulator. Myself a...Multi-Niche Postgraduate Pharmacist (Doctor of Pharmacy), a Certified Product Development Expert, a Public...
An enthusiastic, self-motivated, adaptive and fast-learning person with broad range of interests in pharmacology, toxicology and breast cancer ...
Haircare Skincare & Nutraceutics Prescription and Formulation / Cosmetic Procedures / Market Research / Concept Design
I am a dedicated and motivated learner with excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. During my doctoral research, I have success...
I am a practicing clinician in United Kingdom with a background in medical research. I have obtained a Masters degree in Clinical Neuroscience ...
I am a goal-oriented and customer-focused medical writer, and PharmD Pharmacist. I have a broad scientific and medical writing experience in me...
• Fluent in English and Spanish. • Global multidisciplinary research and product development expertise, in academia, government and industry. P...
I am a pharmacist with a PhD in chemical and bioprocess engineering, working as a bioprocess scientist. I have experience with cell culture, up...
I am a board-certified dermatologist with Fellowship in aesthetic medicine. I have experience of 8 years in the field of dermatology. I have a ...
Hire top skin care consultants with expertise in product formulation, research and development, and more. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted freelance scientists and consultants.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality and NDA clause.
You will receive detailed proposals directly from Kolabtree. These proposals will include a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), project fees, milestones, and deadlines.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. Pre-pay for the next milestone. You have to approve the deliverables only if the quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Kolabtree will share multiple quotations for your project. You have the freedom to accept the quote that aligns with your project requirement and budget. You can get in touch with us in case you want to discuss the fee.
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
You have to approve the deliverables only if quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Flexible, secure payments
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your requirement.
Post your Project (Free)
Your project details are safe, secure and visible only to logged-in users.
Get Quotes & Choose Experts
Discuss your requirements in detail with the experts before accepting the final statement of work from Kolabtree.
Pre-pay for your project and work with the expert to get your desired output. Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Approve the deliverables once you're satisfied with the job done.
How to Hire a Freelance Cosmetologist
Improving beauty has never been such a scientific task. Cosmetology is the use of chemistry, physiology, and biochemistry to formulate, test and produce hair, nails and skin products, with dermatological and environmental concerns in mind.
The ever increasing interest in personal care and beauty treatments has brought cosmetics technology and product development consulting to the next level.
Key aspects of cosmetic science include the development, production and packaging of beauty products in the main categories of skin, hair, nails and perfumes. High-value personal care products influences not only our personal lives, but also has an economical impact.
What Does a Skin Care Expert Do?
Chemistry can explain a lot about how we look and cosmetologists are the experts who study the science of chemistry related to beauty in order to create and improve beauty products.
From laboratorial tests to clinical trials, these professionals need to assure that all quality requirements are met and that safety is guaranteed before a product can hit the market.
- Hair care - Curly hair has many more bonds than straight hair. Breakage of the bonds in curly hair results in its straightening, a chemical reaction used in hair relaxers. Changing the color of the hair also involves chemical reactions. Shampoos, conditioners, masks and other treatments are among the hair products developed by cosmetologists.
- Nail care – Initiators, monomers, catalysts and polymerization are chemical processes applied to nail care, be it natural or artificial. A variety of nail polishes, including those polymerized through ultraviolet light and other nail products are created by these professionals.
- Skin care – from collagen cross-links to melanin expression, from spot elimination to artificial tanning, it is all about chemistry and science. Moisturizers and creams are examples of formulation in the skin care category of cosmetology.
- Cleansing agents - A whole range of cleansing agents, such as soaps and bubble bath are also developed by cosmetology experts.
- Decorative cosmetics - Cosmetology also involves production of make-up, including lipstick, foundation, toner, eye shadow, mascara and much more.
Why Hire a Cosmetologist?
Cosmetic technology and product development consulting offers a broad spectrum of activities, such as:
- Stability testing of products, shelf-life definition
- Advanced formulating techniques
- Microbial preservation and biocompatibility testing
- Quality assurance according to beauty products legislation and dermatological principles
- Development of specific legislation
- Safety assessment during product development
- Performance evaluation of current and upcoming products
- Market research on beauty products
- Teaching students about the afore-mentioned topics, as well technical and scientific writing.
Skin care product development requires a lot of laboratory and scientific work, hence these experts tend to spend hours testing and developing new technologies in the lab. Organic cosmetic science is a very promising field that has shown incredible growth in the latest years.
The deep understanding of raw chemical products, chemical reactions between components and between mixtures and skin, hair and nails is essential for the successful testing and manufacturing of beauty products.
Most professionals in the cosmetic science consulting business work in research and development departments in private companies, universities or educational institutions.
How Much Does a Skin Care Product Development Specialist Cost?
A skin care formulation chemist or cosmetology expert can offer their consultancy service from as little as 30-40 USD per hour, depending on the project.
It is also possible to establish long-term collaborations with freelancers in this field, and in this case, it might be a good idea to work on a fixed-fee per project.
How to Hire a Freelance Cosmetologist Online?
A strong job description is key to finding the right freelancer for your project. Make sure to address the following points.
- Project description or scope of work: explain in details what you need to be done and the expected deliverables.
- Duration of the project: be clear on how long the project is going to take to be completed.
- By when you need to hire: if you have a tight deadline, you might need to find a freelancer immediately, otherwise, if this is not the case, you can take your time to find the best expert for your project.
- Budget: hourly rate or project-based.
- Skills required: describe the skills that you would like to find in the freelancer.
The personal care and cosmetics industries have never been so linked to science, biology and research. Hire a freelance cosmetologist to develop a beauty product that meets all safety and regulatory standards.
Ready to hire a freelance cosmetologist? Post your project on Kolabtree and get quotes from skin care experts for free.