I am a scientist with thirteen years of post-PhD laboratory research experience. I am also a BELS-certified editor, and serve on the editorial ...
Dr. Nguyen is currently available for scientific consulting (technical due diligence, biotech startup strategy, preclinical study design, etc.)...
I love food! I am interested in all things food science and have a degree in food science and technology. Currently, I am a graduate student in...
I have PhD in chemical engineering, with over 20 years of academic and industry experience conducting research in biopolymers for medical use a...
I am a highly self-motivated Ph.D. scientist with over 15 years of combined, professional experience in both academia and industry. Due to my y...
I have a Ph.D in Virology from LSU Health Sciences Center (LSU HSC) in Shreveport, which I obtained studying how Human Papillomavirus 16 (HPV 1...
I have a broad background in molecular biology with special focus on, but not limited to, gene regulation. I have over ten years experience of ...
I am an experienced health professional, having 6+ years of thorough working experience in clinical research and the therapeutic research indus...
I am pleased to provide professional assistance for: • Data Science and Statistical review, including data visualization and forecasting (usin...
Northeastern University Chemical Engineering Master’s program graduate and Gordon Engineering Leadership Fellow with experience in petroleum ch...
I am a biomedical researcher with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset. I hold a PhD in pharmacology (anticancer drug discovery) from Nati...
For the past ten years, I have worked in the biotechnology industry performing a wide range of duties that include production, quality assuranc...
I am a biochemist and biologist specialized in high tech development. I have applied my knowledge for food and cosmetic shelf-life tests also ...
Education: • PhD Life Science, Physiology • MSc Pharmacology Toxicology Cell Biology • MBA International Management Experience: • Technical e...
I have had been trained in several laboratories with different interests, including: oncology (malignant transformation, oncogenes, antioncogen...
* Experience in conceiving, planning, designing, executing, and troubleshooting toxicology studies using various molecular biology, biochemistr...
I am a Biomedical Science graduate specialized in Human Genetics and will start my PhD in Medical Genetics soon. I have experience in writing, ...
Passionate bioanalytical scientist and academic scholar with many years of hands-on experience in translational clinical research. Academic bac...
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP. Sign NDAs for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality clause. You can also sign NDAs and custom agreements with freelancers for additional protection.
Post your project and receive quotes from relevant freelancers. You can also search for specific freelancers by expertise and invite them to your project. Discuss your project details with each freelancer before picking the one best expert.
We assure you of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means you only pay when you’re 100% satisfied with the work delivered. If you aren’t happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. If you’re not sure how much your project costs, you can discuss with freelancers before arriving at a mutually agreed fee.
Kolabtree's terms and conditions prohibit freelancers from claiming ownership of intellectual property, and as a client, you are able to reinforce the message with additional communication, agreements or contracts.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
Pay only once work is delivered and you’re happy with it.
No minimum commitment or contract required.
Pay a fixed or hourly fee. We hold your funds in escrow until you’re ready to pay.
Post your project publicly for all freelancers to view and send you proposals, or interact with specific freelancers privately.
Get bids from relevant experts. Interact freely with them before making a hire.
Share files, make audio/video calls and collaborate with your chosen expert.
Verify the project is complete to your satisfaction before paying the expert.
Toxicology is a critical field with long-reaching impacts on human, animal, and environmental health. This field has become increasingly relevant with continued industrialization, the emergence of technologies such as nanomaterials, and the development of new approaches such as toxicogenomics.
Toxicologists study the harmful effects and safe exposure limits of drugs, chemicals, and other substances on living organisms. Toxicology scientists protect human, animal, and environmental health and their work helps to establish relevant policies and regulations.
The typical duties of toxicologists include:
· Isolating, identifying, and measuring toxins
· Planning and conducting laboratory and field experiments to determine the sources and/or effects of these toxins
· Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting the data
· Integrating toxicology data from their own and published studies
· Drawing up reports and recommendations for organizations and regulatory agencies
· Providing risk analyses to ensure the safety of products and compounds for their intended use
· Advising on the safe handling of toxins and the management of accidental exposures
· Giving evidence in court (e.g., forensic toxicology)
Entry-level toxicologists work in animal facilities and laboratories as research technicians. These professionals will typically have a bachelor’s degree in toxicology or an allied field (chemistry, biology or biochemistry), with a master’s degree granting more responsibilities. Ph.D.-level toxicologists spend more of their time off-bench, planning and directing studies, interpreting data, and writing reports and recommendations. Some toxicologists in the pharmaceutical industry will pursue both a Ph.D. and M.D. to gain the expertise required to perform clinical experiments and treat patients.
Their job titles typically relate to their chosen specialty and range between Toxicologist, Senior Toxicologist, Biocompatibility Engineer, Regulatory Toxicologist, Clinical Toxicologist, Forensic Toxicologist, and Research Toxicologist.
Toxicologists work in industry, government, healthcare, and academia. Typical employers of toxicologists are water treatment, pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, and chemical companies; national environmental agencies; hospitals; forensic laboratories; and universities.
There are many different toxicology specialties. The most prevalent include the following:
· Analytical toxicologists: identify natural or man-made poisons
· Clinical toxicologists: investigate the effects of drugs and disease-causing toxins on humans, and those with medical training treat patients who have been exposed
· Environmental toxicologists: study the impact of pollutants on living organisms in the environment (applications in managing environmental health, industrial hygiene, and occupational health)
· Forensic toxicologists: investigate causes of death due to toxins to assist criminal investigations
· Industrial toxicologists: test various products before they are allowed on the market
· Regulatory toxicologists: help regulate the entry of chemicals into the environment and onto the market
· Risk assessment toxicologists: research long-term exposure to toxins
· Veterinary and wildlife toxicologists: study toxicity in relation to animals
Expert toxicologists are highly skilled specialists. Freelance toxicology consulting fees generally range from 40–150 USD per hour depending on how specialized the required skillset is and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to expert toxicology services, then hiring a freelance consultant is both convenient and cost-effective.
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
· Skills required (e.g., measurement of vehicle emissions and indicators of vegetation health)
· What the project area is (e.g., environmental toxicology)
· What the project entails (e.g., looking at the effect of vehicle emissions on vegetation)
· What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
· Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
· By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
· Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the freelance toxicology experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.