A list of the top data science conferences in 2020 that cover everything from deep learning and AI to business analytics and data mining.
Are you aware that over 90% of all the world’s data has been created within the last two years? With the advent of the Fourth Industrial Revolution this process is only going to expedite. For businesses across the globe, this presents a big obstacle – but also golden opportunities. Conferences and events are a great way for technology professionals, data scientists, researchers and businesses to keep themselves updated. Here are some Data Science Conferences in 2020 that you should attend. .
Their events bring together the most recent technology advancements as well as practical examples to apply AI to solve challenges in business and society. Their distinctive mixture of academia and industry enables you to meet with AI vanguards at the forefront of research, as well as inspecting real-world case studies to discover the business value of AI.
5 new changes they’ve made this year:
- Deep Dive sessions to encourage interactive discussions, practical workshops, & technical labs
- Event App to meet fellow attendees and personalize your schedule
- Multiple tracks to facilitate cross-industry erudition, & collaboration
- In-depth interviews with speakers which would be available to watch again online
- Facilitated networking opportunities for partnerships and to make new connections and alliances.
Topics they cover: Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Algorithms, NLP, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, Image Retrieval, Autonomous Vehicles
Companies attending: Berkeley University of California, Google, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Microsoft, LG, Nike, IBM, DeepMind, FedEx, Hitachi, Google Brain and many more.
Tickets range from $695-$1,995.
A distinctive event focusing on the data lifecycle within companies. They are going to be briefing majorly into key topics like data creation, management, and value creation lifecycle. They will also deliver unconventional intelligence and analysis of the key data issues challenging companies as 5G begins to roll-out and the Internet of Things continues to rise. It will bring together pioneers in all of these areas and will furnish best-in-class wisdom to those striving to understand the multiple legal and business issues that go into fabricating a world-class data management and exploitation strategy.
Topics covered include:
- How data can transform the bottom line?
- The opportunities and risks with data value creation.
- Best practices for conserving and defending data.
- Utilising data to drive efficiency and create value.
- Erich Andersen from Microsoft. (Corporate Vice President & Chief IP Counsel)
- Jason Waxman from Intel (Chief Strategy Officer, Data Centric group& Corporate Vice President and General Manager)
Sponsors include: Microsoft, Ankura, Richardso Oliver Insights, Konsert, Shearman.
Ticket Price: $695
Data Science Salon is the flagship conference in the DSS series which focuses majorly in the AI and Machine Learning applications. Engage with technical experts and executives who help clarifying real-world problems by tackling interruptions in data, artificial intelligence, machine learning and newest technologies.
You can choose any of the two roads to data science (or both), the first road leads to the latest technical skills which would be taught by tool creators themselves. The other road leads to a room full of executives sharing their success stories especially around machine learning.
Topics include: Cloud Automation and Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing & Deep Learning, Improving Data Quality, Machine Learning Best Practices, Data Strategy and Governance, Using Large Scale Data Sets, Enhancing the Viewer Experience with Machine Learning and AI
- Elizabeth Chabot from ScaleFactor (Lead Data Scientist)
- Priscilla Boyd from Siemens Mobility (Senior Data analytics manager)
- Ruusa ipinge from Data kind UK (Data scientist)
- Meltem Ballan from GM (Senior data scientist)
Sponsors are: Verta.ai, ElectrifAi, DellEMC, phData
Registration Fee: $175- $325
Among the most exciting data science conferences in 2020, WiDS includes a worldwide conference, with approximately 150+ regional events globally; a datathon, cheering participants to strengthen their expertise using a social impact challenge; and a podcast, spotlighting pioneers in the field talking about their work majorly into Computational and mathematical engineering, their journeys, and lessons learned.
- Been Kim from Google Brain (Research Scientist)
- Nhung Ho from Intuit (Director of Data science)
- Ya Xu from Linkedin Head of Data Science
Sponsors: Facebook, Walmart Labs, Google, IBM, Microsoft.
- 300+ oral presentations on breakthroughs
- Distinguished experts from the globe
- 30+ exhibitions featuring the latest technology and products
- Opportunity to present your work and make new collaborations
- 50+ Sessions of Scientific Forums
- Dr Susan Schorr fromGerman Cystallographic society,Germany (Vice President)
- Dr Nigel Clarke from Quest Diagnostics Inc.,USA (Vice president for R&D)
- Dr. Michael G. Tovey from EuroDiagnostica Biomonitor, France (Managing Director)
- Dr. Ilona Mullerova from Institute of Scientific Instruments of the ASCR, Czech Republic (Director)
- Dr. Eriks Kupce from Bruker BioSpin, UK (Principal Scientist)
- Dr. Jay Theodore Cremer from Adelphi Technology, Inc., Canada (Chief Scientist)
- Dr. John J. Kasianowicz from National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA (Physical Scientist)
Price: $1449- $1899
Join them at the must-attend conference for data and analytics professionals to:
- Learn how to deliver actionable insights through data storytelling.
- Allay data privacy fears and boost trusted data sharing.
- Drive new sources of innovation and revenue.
- Develop resilience, adaptability, agility and leadership skills needed to succeed.
- Understand the key upcoming innovations that will evolve your business.
- Gain insights from peers into practical skills and best practices.
- Dr. Hannah Fry from UCL (Associate professor)
- Dr. Steve Robbins from S.L Robbins & Associates (Inclusion Expert)
Exhibitors include: IBM, Incorta, SAP, SAS, ThoughtSpot, MicroStrategy, Collibra and many more
AI world congress is one of the leading global Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence events in UK Europe. It is an annual event where best AI researchers and leading industry practitioners interact and collaborate.
- Jon Stanesby from Oracle (Director, Product strategy)
- John Walicki from IBM (CTO, Edge/IoT Advocacy)
- Aubrey HB from Nationwide (Director of analytics)
- Patrice Slupowski from Orange (VP, Digital innovation)
- Sue Daley from TechUK (Associate Director)
- Wayne Speechly from NTT (VP Digital transformation)
- Sandy Ghuma from Sky (Consultant)
Sponsors: IBM, Capgemini, Nvidia and Oracle
Fee: $635- $1732
Fast-track your data science knowledge, training, and network. All in a single event. Taught by World-Class Data Science Instructors – In their full day engaging training sessions and workshops, get hands-on experience with the latest data science platforms, tools, models, and techniques. Initiate a connection with these luminaries from industry and academia who are ardent about teaching data science skills to those who will build the future of the industry. With over trainings ninety sessions and workshops to decide on from over four days ODSC West provide and unprecedented breadth and depth of coaching to decide from. Network with the AI experts, innovators, business professionals, and data scientists building the future of AI in finance, retail, healthcare, biotech, pharma, marketing and more.
Focus Areas: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, AI for engineers, Data Visualization, Data wrangling, AI research, Predictive analysis, Data Science workflows, etc
Topics: Conversional AI, Data science research, Machine Translation, Machine vision, Artificial intelligence, Self-driving vehicles, etc
Tools: Python, R programming, Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Azure ML, Neo4J, etc
- Andrej Karpathy from Tesla (Director of AI)
- Hilary Mason from Fast forward labs (CEO)
Key Partners: Microsoft, DataRobot
Price: $299- $1329
Obtain hands-on with the latest innovations in open technologies from hybrid multicloud to data and AI – then meet the practitioners who are using them to transform their lives. They are not a single conference for thousands of individuals, but thousands of curated conferences in one.
Topics: Automation, Blockchain, Cloud, Data and AI, HR and Talent, Code, Industry Platforms, Mobile, Security, Services, Infrastructure, Internet of Things, Supply Chain.
- Featured Session :
- Keynotes – Hear from IBM’s Chairman and leaders across industries who have tackled their biggest difficulties with spectacular results, and explore the five advancements predicted to change their lives under 5 years.
- Trends & Directions – Engage with topic specific experts on the way to grasp knowledge of evolving technologies for specific business issues. These sessions bridge a huge range of topics across industries.
- Innovation Talks – Uncover and get aroused by groundbreakers who are changing the ways in which they work, play and operate in today’s world.
- Discover sessions:
- Discover breakouts – Get a unique look at today’s most challenging business problems as shared by the industry trailblazers who are solving for them.
- Discover panels – Interact with experts as they discuss and evaluate the products and solutions liable for their success.
- Technology sessions:
- Technology breakouts – Attain a more subjective in-depth understanding of latest technologies and how we’re enhancing it to be simpler, faster and more effective to do business.
- Technology panels – Interact with a panel of pundits for an engaging talk on the technological product front-runners that are changing your business and the way you will apply them.
Sponsors: RedHat, SalesForce, SAP, Accenture, Intel, Capgemini, Cisco, Wipro, Infosys, TechMahindra, TATA Consultancy Services, AT&T Business, Nutanix, and many more.
Price: $995 – $2495
One of the few data science conferences in 2020 that is vendor-free, sponsor-free, and recruiter-free. Advisory board, speakers, and attendees are from all fields of business analytics and academia like data science, big data, data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or predictive modelling. What brings them here is their common inclination to attend an event without being examined by other attendees.
- Alessandro Panella from Facebook (Data Science Manager)
- Amit Gandhi from Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure (Chief Economist)
- Anand Dwivedi from Nasdaq (Data Scientist- MI Lab)
- Charles Midwinter from Facebook (Data Scientist)
- David Harkness from National Geographic (VP of Data science & Predictive Analytics)
- Gaia Bellone from KeyBank (Senior Vice president and Data Science Leader)
- Julian Jenkins from Google (Senior Data Scientist)
- James Guszcza from Deloitte Consulting (US Chief Data Scientist)
Advisory Board from: Amazon, Uber, Groupon, American Statistical Association, TripAdvisor, AT&T business, Linkedin, Verizon wireless, NASDAQ, and many more.
The European R users meeting (eRum) is a biennial conference that brings the R User Community of Europe together to interchange experiences, widen knowledge of R and collaborate.
eRum is an open for all event, and it welcomes groundbreakers as well as individuals who just want to take a peek in the future of data science. eRum focuses to give a platform for the creation of new collaborations and for exchanging experiences. Being a non profit conference, ticket prices will be kept as low as possible. Get yourself a front-row seat to know the brainiest of their community and meet more than 500 R practitioners.
Organising Partners: Mirai Solutions, Vanlog.
Predictive Analytics World for Business 4.0 is the leading vendor-neutral conference for machine learning for smart manufacturing and IoT. Data scientists, business planners, and other machine learning practitioners will gather to experience the newest trends and technologies in machine & deep learning for the Internet of Things generation.
Topics: Deep Learning, Business, Workshops, Industry 4.0, Healthcare, Finance, etc.
- Gil Arditi from Lyft (Product Lead, ML)
- John Elder from Elder Research (Founder)
- Jen Gennai from Google (Head of innovation,Global Affairs)
- Charles Thomas from General Motors (Chief data & analytics officer)
- Richard Lee from Manulife (Director of data science, US EOIT advanced analytics & AI)
- Victor Lo from Fidelity (AI and data science center of excellence leader)
Sponsors: dotData, diwo, DataRobot, Gemeni Data, Altair,DatabaseUSA
Tickets: $1695 – $4750
As one of the largest conferences of its kind, the WIA conference brings together a global community of industry leaders, technical experts, entrepreneurs, and academia while providing a platform for women to lead the discussions around the latest technologies in analytical research, development, and applications.
While their speaker line-up is reserved exclusively for women, all other aspects of the conference are open to every individual.
- Platforms and Process: Tools, Data, and Infrastructure
- Advanced/Applied Methods: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI, Statistical Methods
- Driving Value & Uncovering Insights: BI, Data visualization, Storytelling
- Trust & Governance: Governance, Risk, Policy, Ethics
- Leadership & Strategy: Leadership, Culture, Talent, Strategy
- Industry & Innovation: Industry Use Cases, Emerging Trends
Quick guide to the conference activities:
- Career Fair: Network with companies looking for knack in analytics and data science. A must-attend for recent graduates and those looking to break into the field. Stay tuned for more details!
- Poster Sessions: Stop by the poster session at the opening reception for engaging conversations about the latest research.
- Expo Hall: Visit sponsoring companies at the expo
- Neural Networking Lounge: Open throughout the conference, their spacious lounge is a quiet and comfortable spot to grab a coffee, host a quick meeting, take a call, or get some work done.
- Networking Breaks: While every second of WIA 2020 is an opportunity to network, these breaks are specifically personalised to optimize your experience of connecting with fellow attendees and meeting new contacts.
- Meet the speakers: A casual meet and greet with the trailblazers to make connections, discuss, talk, ask questions, or get career advice.
- Dr. Feryal Ozel from University of Arizona (Professor of Astronomy & Astrophysics)
- Jenny Bryan from RStudio (Software engineer & Data scientist)
- Jordan Hagan from Miner & Kasch (Senior Data Scientist)
- Julia Silge from Stack Overflow (Data scientist)
They conduct one amongst the best events where researchers, pioneers and newcomers in the field of data mining collaborate to express their thoughts and discuss new trends in Data Mining. The Industrial Conference on Data Mining is held on a yearly basis. Global researchers will present theoretical and application-oriented topics on Data Mining. Practitioners can present and discuss their ongoing projects in Industry Sessions.
Sponsors: ibai solutions, KDnuggets, Jooble jobs, Journal Computers
15. KDD 2020 – 26th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (San Diego, CA), 22 – 27 August, 2020
The annual KDD conference is the premier knowledge base conference collaborating together researchers and practitioners from data science, data mining, knowledge discovery, large-scale data analytics, and big data.
Call for papers: They’re accepting “applied data science papers” and “research papers” till February 13, 2020.
They invite submission of papers describing innovative research on all aspects of knowledge discovery and data mining, ranging from theoretical foundations to novel models and algorithms for data mining problems in science, business, medicine, and engineering. Visionary papers on new and emerging topics are also welcome, as are application-oriented papers that make innovative technical contributions to research. Authors are explicitly discouraged from submitting incremental results that do not provide major advances over existing approaches.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Data Science: Methods for analyzing scientific and business data, social networks, time series; mining sequences, streams, text, web, graphs, rules, patterns, logs data, IoT data, spatio-temporal data, biological data; recommender systems, computational advertising, multimedia, finance, bioinformatics.
- Big Data: Large-scale systems for text and graph analysis, machine learning, optimization, sampling, parallel and distributed data mining (cloud, map-reduce, federated learning), novel algorithmic and statistical techniques for big data.
- Foundations: Models and algorithms, asymptotic analysis; model selection, dimensionality reduction, relational/structured learning, matrix and tensor methods, probabilistic and statistical methods; deep learning, meta learning, AutoML, reinforcement learning; classification, clustering, regression, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning; personalization, security and privacy, visualization; fairness, interpretability and robustness.
The latest trends, tools, and best practices from leading data science intellectuals. They deliver real value to data science professionals through practical expertise and thought leadership.
ODSC is one among the most important specialized data science events, with emphasizing on impactful tools and leading business practices. Their speakers embody core contributors to several open source products used by data scientists everywhere over the globe. A carefully tailored agenda for ODSC 2020 includes presentations by leading kagglers, machine learning engineers, and data visualization wizards. Attend ODSC 2020 and inherit the practical knowledge and theoretical skills that drive cutting-edge data science at leading international enterprises.
5 Reasons Why ODSC is a Unique Conference Experience
- All their sessions are very relevant to practical data science and are delivered by leading data scientists, engineers, and educators, all of whom have rich expertise transforming data into real value for business
- Looking for a conference that levy expensive ticket prices coupled with vendor pitches that has no relevance to you or their business? That’s not them.
- ODSC is emphasizing on the most impactful and extremely actionable knowledge for attendees. Their list of partners and business pitches are highly limited.
- Data science community is at the core of ODSC – the event focuses around attendees and the value they bring out from every speaker and workshop. They will succeed once the community thrives.
- They work hard, but they also tend to play hard. They provide ample networking opportunities by bringing together some of the most knowledgeable data science peers.
- Abhijith Chandraprab from Julia Computi (Data Scientist)
- Abhishek Kumar from Publicis Sapient (Sr. Data Science Manager)
- Aditya Bhattacharya from West Pharmaceutical (Data & Cloud platform engineer)
- Aditya Singh Tomar from ACT Insights (Data consultant)
- Akshay Bahadur from Symantec software (SDE-I)
- Anil Arora from SAS (Principal data scientist)
- Ashish Vikram from VideoKen (CTO)
- Dr. Shailesh Kumar from Jio (Chief data scientist & CoE AI/ML)
Sponsors: American Express, SAS, Amazon web services, KNIME, MathWorks, MiQ
Price: $84 – $112
Topics covered: Computing systems, Sentiment analysis, robotics, reinforcement learning
Companies attending: Google, DeepMind, Facebook, ING, American Express, University of Oxford, Microsoft, Salesforce, Royal Bank of Canada, Walmart, ebay, Vodafone, John lewis, Spotify ,NASA ,British airways, GitHub.
- Ryan den Rooijen from Dyson (Global director of data services)
- Vishal Motwani from Einstein.ai/Salesforce (Senior member of technical staff)
- Sergei Bobrovskyi from Airbus (Data scientist)
- Jakob Uszkoreit from Google Brain (Senior staff software engineer)
- Shreyansh Daftry from NASA JPL (Research scientist)
- Edward Grefenstette from Facebook AI Research (Research scientist)
- Oriol Vinyals from DeepMind (Senior staff research scientist)
Sponsors: Understand.ai, alpha i, Bloomsbury AI, Tractable, IRIS.AI
Four reasons to attend this conference:
- Extraordinary Speakers: Discover technologies in deep learning algorithms and methods from the globe’s leading innovators. Learn from industry pioneers in speech & pattern recognition, neural networks, image analysis and NLP. Get to know how deep learning will impact healthcare, manufacturing, search & transportation.
- Discover Emerging Trends: The summit will focus on the opportunities of latest technologies in deep learning and their impact in successful applications in the industry. Where do the challenges still lie in research and application? Learn the newest advancements & business trends from a worldwide line-up of pioneers.
- Expand Your Network: An exclusive opportunity to engage with industry trailblazers, influential technologists, data scientists & founders leading the deep learning revolution. Learn from & connect with 450+ industry innovation experts sharing best practices to advance the smart artificial intelligence revolution.
- Join the discussion: 60 speakers, 600 leading technologists & innovators, Group brainstorming sessions, Interactive workshops, 12 + hours of networking, Access to all the filmed presentations, Discover technology shaping the future.
Topics covered: Pattern recognition, AI Assistant, and many more
- Timnit Gebru from Ethical AI Team,Google (Research scientist)
- Jason Yosinski from Uber AI Labs (Co-Founder & Research scientist)
- Cansu Canca from AI Ethics Lab (Founder/Director)
- Brandon Rohrer from iRobot (Principal data scientist)
- Nargiz Mammadova from Destin AI (Founder & CEO)
- Mohammad Norouzi from Google Brain (Senior research scientist)
- Gosia Loj from Big innovation centre (AI global governance lead)
- David Cox from IBM Research AI (Director MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab)
- Sponsors: Siemens, Amazon, WeWork, SAS, Element AI, Philips, KPMG, Apple, BBC, Tinder, Target, Deloitte, HSBC, Facebook, Microsoft, Google
Applying artificial intelligence to ease the society and tackle international challenges like the environment, education, healthcare and sustainability. One of the few data science conferences in 2020 focusing on reducing AI bias, increasing transparency and exploring responsible and practical applications of machine learning and deep learning.
Topics Covered: Future of Education, Sustainability, Healthcare, Ethics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Robotics, AI for Good
Key reasons you should attend:
– Altruistic AI Applications: The summit will focus on responsible and practical applications of machine learning and deep learning to enhance individual lives and society, including environmental sustainability, increasing access to education and healthcare, reducing AI bias and giving rise to transparency.
– Share Insights & Create Action: A cross-disciplinary mix of groundbreakers will share expertise, vision and leadership to give actionable suggestions for startups, academia, industry, government & NGOs to solve worldwide challenges using Artificial Intelligence. How can they use AI to empower citizens and as a tool for public good?
- Devin Krotman- IBM Watson AI XPRIZE (Director)
- Alice Xiang-Partnership on AI (Research scientist)
- Joshua Achiam- OpenAI (Research scientist)
- Huaixiu Zhenga from Uber AI (Tech lead)
- Ajay Chander from Fujitsu Labs of America (Vice President of Research)
- Kathy Baxter from Salesforce (Ethical AI Practice)
Companies attending: Nite, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Snapchat, VISA, CapitalOne, Samsung, WeWork, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
20. International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Machine Learning and Data Mining (Tokyo), 3 – 4 December, 2020
They aim to collaborate leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to share their experiences and research results in all disciplinary of Evolutionary Computation, Machine Learning and Data Mining. It conjointly provides a premier knowledge rich platform for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the emerging innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges faced and solutions taken in the fields of Evolutionary Computation, Machine Learning and Data Mining.
Call for Contributions: Prospective authors are welcome to contribute and help mould the conference through submissions of their research abstracts, papers and e-posters. Also, top quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work in all areas of Evolutionary Computation, Machine Learning and Data Mining are heart fully invited for presentation at the conference. The conference solicits contributions of abstracts, papers and e-posters that address themes and topics of the conference, including figures, tables and references of novel research materials.
Price: $128- $577
Need to hire a freelance data scientist? Get in touch with top data science consultants on Kolabtree. It’s free to post your project and get quotes.