I have an MSc in Biomedical Sciences, a PhD in Molecular Genetics, and I am a certified Immunologist. ...I have more than 20 years of experience as a biomedical scientist and have authored over 100 publications...
Hire top freelance medical content writers for help with blog articles, white papers and website content. Post your project securely and get quotes for free. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted freelance scientists and consultants on demand.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP. Sign NDAs for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality clause. You can also sign NDAs and custom agreements with freelancers for additional protection.
Post your project and receive quotes from relevant freelancers. You can also search for specific freelancers by expertise and invite them to your project. Discuss your project details with each freelancer before picking the one best expert.
We assure you of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means you only pay when you’re 100% satisfied with the work delivered. If you aren’t happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. If you’re not sure how much your project costs, you can discuss with freelancers before arriving at a mutually agreed fee.
Kolabtree's terms and conditions prohibit freelancers from claiming ownership of intellectual property, and as a client, you are able to reinforce the message with additional communication, agreements or contracts.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Pay only once work is delivered and you’re happy with it.
No upfront fees
No minimum commitment or contract required.
Flexible, secure payments
Pay a fixed or hourly fee. We hold your funds in escrow until you’re ready to pay.
Post project (Free)
Post your project publicly for all freelancers to view and send you proposals, or interact with specific freelancers privately.
Choose the best expert
Get bids from relevant experts. Interact freely with them before making a hire.
Share files, make audio/video calls and collaborate with your chosen expert.
Verify the project is complete to your satisfaction before paying the expert.
How to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer
Medical content writing is a niche communications area that is rapidly growing in demand. Medical writers are highly skilled at conveying medical information clearly and concisely in a manner that is both factually correct and reflects the brand and ethos of the company they are writing for.
How to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer
A medical content writer is someone who writes and edits content relevant to medicine and healthcare. This content can be aimed at regulators, insurers, healthcare professionals, patients, or the general public. Thus, the key role of medical writers is to present complex scientific information in a manner that suits the level and requirements of the target audience.
The various roles of medical content writers can include:
- Writing research grant proposals
- Writing up research results for peer-reviewed medical or scientific publications
- Generating stakeholder reports and advisory board summaries
- Compiling regulatory documents for new product approval according to company, regulatory, and International Council for Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Creating marketing material to promote medical products or services to health professionals or the public, such as product brochures, white papers, case studies, infographics, press releases, and product sheets
- Writing informative, engaging, and SEO-optimized digital content, including web pages, mobile apps, podcasts, animations and videos, slide sets, social media posts, blog posts, and emailed newsletters
- Writing health education materials such as disease-related literature, medical books, and patient decision aids
- Producing content for healthcare websites, health magazines, or news outlets
- Creating abstracts, posters, and slide presentations for medical conferences
- Creating advertisements for pharmaceuticals, devices, and other products
- Drawing up healthcare policy documents
- Collaborating with medical doctors, regulators, engineers, scientists, and other subject matter experts to prepare content
- Conducting background/supporting research using literature and other database searches
- Working effectively with document management systems and related tools and templates
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of templates/standards for different types of medical content
- Ensuring a consistent writing style and presentation format that adheres to standard operating procedures (SOP), good publication practice (GPP), and other relevant publication guidelines
- Assisting at a higher level by helping companies develop a content planning strategy, content distribution strategy, and/or managing a team of junior medical writers
Experts in medical communications will typically have several years of experience in the field and will usually hold a PharmD, MD, or Master’s or Ph.D. degree in an allied scientific or communications field. Many will be affiliated with the professional association relevant to their region, such as the European Medical Writers Association (EMWA) or the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA). These experts will have deep knowledge of their chosen area, the regulatory framework where relevant, and international guidelines pertaining to medical writing.
Medical content writers work either as freelance contractors or for contract research organizations (CROs), medical device or pharmaceutical companies, communications or marketing agencies, regulatory and governmental agencies, medical consultancies, publishers, and news outlets. The job titles of medical writing experts vary and can include Associate Medical Writer, Healthcare Journalist, Principal Medical Writer, and Regulatory Writer. While some may be generalists, others may specialize as e.g., complementary medicine or cardiology writers.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer?
To hire a freelance medical writer, the fee generally ranges from 40−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to these specialists, then hiring a freelance medical communications expert on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to collaborate with these professionals.
How Do You Write an Effective Job Post to Hire an Expert Medical Content Writer?
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
- Skills required (e.g., expertise in digital healthcare writing)
- What the project area is (e.g., online patient education)
- What the project entails (e.g., development of interactive educational materials regarding medical devices)
- What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
- Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
- By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
- Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with medical content writers.