Medical technology and medical education marketing consultant and PR specialist, specializing in the cardiovascular field. Also, published jour...
Work with medical device marketing consultants to accelerate time to market. Post your project securely and get quotes for free. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted freelance scientists and consultants on demand.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP. Sign NDAs for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality clause. You can also sign NDAs and custom agreements with freelancers for additional protection.
Post your project and receive quotes from relevant freelancers. You can also search for specific freelancers by expertise and invite them to your project. Discuss your project details with each freelancer before picking the one best expert.
We assure you of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means you only pay when you’re 100% satisfied with the work delivered. If you aren’t happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. If you’re not sure how much your project costs, you can discuss with freelancers before arriving at a mutually agreed fee.
Kolabtree's terms and conditions prohibit freelancers from claiming ownership of intellectual property, and as a client, you are able to reinforce the message with additional communication, agreements or contracts.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Pay only once work is delivered and you’re happy with it.
No upfront fees
No minimum commitment or contract required.
Flexible, secure payments
Pay a fixed or hourly fee. We hold your funds in escrow until you’re ready to pay.
Revise FDA medical device 510(k) application$200.00
Clinical trials for FDA-licensed medical device$2100.00
Biostatistician for medical device development program (rate per hour))$150.00
Class I medical device clinical evaluation report$2000.00
Post project (Free)
Post your project publicly for all freelancers to view and send you proposals, or interact with specific freelancers privately.
Choose the best expert
Get bids from relevant experts. Interact freely with them before making a hire.
Share files, make audio/video calls and collaborate with your chosen expert.
Verify the project is complete to your satisfaction before paying the expert.
The medical device industry combines medical science, engineering, product design, software development, and cutting-edge innovation to improve the lives of people worldwide. Medical devices include both the mundane and the highly sophisticated, such as tongue depressors, bedpans, stents, home test kits, implants, pacemakers, MRI machines, prosthetics, and deep-brain stimulators. Such devices help to diagnose, prevent, and treat a large variety of medical conditions.
Medical device companies tend to target niche markets within a competitive and crowded marketplace. The devices these companies sell often include the latest in technological innovation, and their marketing strategies need to similarly be on par with the latest trends and knowledge in the field.
Experts in medical device marketing help companies develop a strong brand that differentiates them from their competitors, as brand is often the key factor in customers choosing one device over a similar one. Further, while a company’s new device may truly offer superior features over competitors’, marketing strategies need to also clearly convey the value that the device brings to the customer rather than simply pushing a dry technical summary.
The various broad and more specific roles of medical device marketing consultants can include:
- Developing and implementing an overall medical device marketing strategy
- Drawing up and managing a marketing budget
- Developing a strong brand/Improving brand recognition and reputation
- Product positioning and portfolio differentiation
- Logo design
- Direct marketing strategies (e.g., telemarketing, direct mail, email campaigns)
- Online/digital advertising (e.g., display adverts, pay-per-click ads, social media ads, mobile-friendly ads)
- Offline advertising through conventional paid media and public relation efforts (e.g., print ads in newspapers, niche magazines, and medical and trade journals; billboards; television; radio; press releases; and events)
- Managing events (e.g., trade shows, workshops, conferences, and congresses) for face-to-face marketing and interaction with potential customers
- Organizing virtual events such as teleconferences and webinars
- Copywriting and design of website content, product brochures, white papers, case studies, infographics, press releases, and product sheets
- Running effective digital campaigns, of which the company’s website is a crucial component, as well as social media platforms, blogs, emailed newsletters, and influencers
- Website design or upgrading, including improved visibility through e.g., search engine optimization (SEO), affiliate links, pay-per-click ads, and mobile phone optimization, as well as improved customer engagement through e.g., customer service live chat, e-commerce portals, social media plugins, polls, and appealing and informative content
- Developing online learning portals for potential customers to gain information about products (e.g., videos, interactive apps, webinars, free downloads, etc.)
- Ensuring medical device marketing compliance with regulatory bodies
- Lead generation
- Loyalty programs
- Product launches
- Sales/distribution promotions
- Gathering and publishing client testimonials
- Customer service training (customer service agents can be the best sales representatives)
- Enhancing distributor relationships (distributors are often the first contact that customers have with a brand and it is key to ensure that distributors have the correct tools and education needed to effectively sell a product)
Medical device marketing specialists come from a variety of backgrounds. While some have an undergraduate degree in marketing, psychology, or allied fields, others will have advanced degrees such as an MBA in marketing or a Ph.D. in biochemical engineering, applied biology, or communication studies. Instead of listing their degrees, most medical marketing experts opt to rather provide a portfolio of case studies where they have assisted companies in achieving their targets.
These experts work either as freelance consultants or for medical device or healthcare companies, medical device advertising agencies, medical device marketing firms, and medical device marketing companies. The job titles of medical device marketers vary greatly and can include Strategic Communications Expert, Brand Strategist, Marketing and Business Development Advisor, Senior Brand Consultant, Head of Technology and Digital Implementation, Medical Device Regulatory Consultant, Medical Device Market Researcher, and Senior Inbound Marketing Consultant. There are also freelance medical device writing experts who specialize as medical device content writers, copywriters, grant writers, technical writers, whitepaper writers, blog writers, article writers, and SEO experts.
To hire a freelance medical device marketing expert, the fee generally ranges from 40−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to medical device marketers, then hiring a freelance consultant on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to connect with these professionals.
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
- Skills required (e.g., expertise in medical device digital marketing)
- What the project area is (e.g., online advertisements)
- What the project entails (e.g., consulting on the development and implementation of an effective online medical device marketing strategy)
- What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
- Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
- By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
- Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with medical device strategy consultants who can provide your project with the expertise you need.