I hold a PhD in molecular biology, an MRes in Stem Cells and Translational Medicine, an MSc in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine and...
Whether you need help on optimization, image processing or deep learning, I can help. Want to work with a 15+ yrs expert beating state-of-the a...
I am a Ph.D. Scholar in Bioinformatics and Artificial intelligence. My freelance career and expertise are in diverse subject areas, not only as...
Experienced formulation and CMC consulting in pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, and related areas with 10+ years of experience in these fields. S...
• Advanced understanding of molecular diagnostics, biotechnology, and biomedical engineering concepts, with strong organizational, leadership a...
Emmanuel Igumbor interest is in computational modelling in Physics, Chemistry and Material Engineering. He is currently investigating transpor...
"Hello and welcome to my freelance profile! I am a scientific writer and product development specialist with several years of experience ...
My professional background is to technically write the Scientific content, assess the researcher in research work related to Bioinformatics and...
I am a published neuroscientist with collaborative research work appearing in journals like Oxford Academic's Cerebral Cortex and BMJ's...
Ph.D. with 15+ years of experience in medical writing, article writing, bioinformatics, and biostatistical analysis. Published ~100 articles, s...
I have PhD-MBA dual degree in Biomedical Engineering . My area of interest is primarily in the field of immune engineering, and my research bri...
Medical Imaging Processing, Virtual Design and Rapid Prototyping. Python programming. Rhinoceros, Mimics, Blender, Cad softwares.
Hello! My name is Dr Katya Pchelintseva and I am a freelance medical and scientific writer, keen to produce high quality work that will help yo...
History // Freelancer | since 2019 \\ Biotech | 1 year, staff scientist | sequencing startup // KU Chemistry | 4 years, project manager | bio c...
Advanced interdisciplinary training in biomedical engineering, neuroscience and data science with 8+ years of experience conducting translation...
Experienced biomedical engineer, researcher, educator, communicator, analyst, and technical writer. Successful lead on projects in biomechanics...
I am a holder of a PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering obtained from Kyung Hee University in South Korea in 2015. Throughout the years I did r...
I'm an experienced technical and scientific writer for a wide variety of biotech and medical device applications....I write grants, publications, SEO driven web content, market assessments - you name it!...
34 years of R&D in industry and academia. biochemistry, biophysics, biomedical engineering, electrobiology, bioelectromagnetics, DNA re...
I have a PhD in chemical engineering, with over 20 years of academic and industry experience conducting research in biopolymers for medical use...
B.Sc. (1996) and M.Sc. (1998) degrees in Computer Sciences, and M.Sc. in Electronic Engineering (2014) from the University of Granada (Granada,...
I hold a PhD in Neuroscience, an MSc and a BSc in Biomedical Engineering, a CAS in Nutrition and I'm a certified Nutrition &amp...
Consult top freelance biomedical engineers with expertise in medical devices, clinical equipment, and more. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted freelance scientists and consultants.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality and NDA clause.
You will receive detailed proposals directly from Kolabtree. These proposals will include a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), project fees, milestones, and deadlines.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. Pre-pay for the next milestone. You have to approve the deliverables only if the quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Kolabtree will share multiple quotations for your project. You have the freedom to accept the quote that aligns with your project requirement and budget. You can get in touch with us in case you want to discuss the fee.
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
You have to approve the deliverables only if quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Flexible, secure payments
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your requirement.
Hire freelance biomedical engineers for space scientists$500.00
Biomedical engineering consultants for hire$600.00
Post your Project (Free)
Your project details are safe, secure and visible only to logged-in users.
Get Quotes & Choose Experts
Discuss your requirements in detail with the experts before accepting the final statement of work from Kolabtree.
Pre-pay for your project and work with the expert to get your desired output. Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Approve the deliverables once you're satisfied with the job done.
How to Hire a Biomedical Engineering Expert
Biomedical engineering has contributed to the development of major medical innovations such as artificial organs, dialysis machines, surgical robots, defibrillators, advanced prosthetics, orthopedic implants, and diagnostic imaging technologies.
There is growing demand for the expertise of biomedical engineers. This demand is driven by technological advances, aging populations, and the increasing incorporation and acceptance of technology in all aspects of everyday life including healthcare. Some more recent examples of this drive in technology include the 3D printing of tissues and organs and the development of smartphone medical diagnostic apps.
What Does a Biomedical Engineering Expert Do?
Biomedical Engineering (also referred to as Bioengineering or BioMed), is a multidisciplinary field that applies biology, chemistry, physics, medical science, software and product design, and engineering principles to address medical needs. There are numerous fields of specialization in bioengineering, many with significant overlap. Some of these specializations include:
- Bioinstrumentation: use of electronics and computer science to develop instruments for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Biomaterials: application of natural and synthetic materials in medical devices or implants.
- Biomechanics: use of mechanics to solve medical problems (e.g., in total joint replacement).
- Clinical engineering: research, development, and maintenance of medical instruments and equipment in clinical settings.
- Rehabilitation engineering: use of engineering and computer science to develop rehabilitative devices to assist patients following injury or permanent disability.
- Systems physiology: use of engineering tools to understand how systems within living organisms function and respond to changes in their environment.
- Biorobotics: application of robotics to biological problems, such as the development of robot-assisted surgery for less invasive and more precise surgery.
- Neural engineering: use of neurology and engineering principles to develop e.g., cranial electrotherapy stimulation devices and advanced prosthetics.
- BioMEMS: development of micro- and nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS), such as microsized insulin pumps for diabetics and inertia sensors in pacemakers.
- Targeted drug delivery: application of engineering to the targeted delivery and/or controlled release of therapeutic agents.
- Biomimetic engineering: applying principles derived from studying natural materials and systems to problems in various fields including healthcare.
The responsibilities of biomedical engineers vary according to their roles but can include:
- R&D, testing, and modification of medical devices before they are manufactured
- Installation, support, maintenance, repair, upgrade, or technical support of biomedical equipment at customer sites such as clinics and hospitals
- Evaluation of the safety and efficiency of biomedical equipment
- Training clinicians and technicians on the proper use of biomedical equipment
- Conducting bioengineering research at research institutes, universities, etc.
- Providing advice and recommendations regarding the purchase of new biomedical equipment and medical devices to purchasers such as hospital administrators
- Developing the software and systems required to operate biomedical instruments and devices and to capture, analyze, and implement the resulting medical data
- Consulting on various aspects related to the field, such as project scoping, regulatory advice, patent law, sales and marketing, etc., according to background and experience
Biomedical engineers will typically have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as biomedical science or engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics. A Master's or Ph.D. in biomedical engineering may be required for advancement and certain positions and responsibilities.
Biomedical engineering experts work either as freelance biomedical engineering consultants or for medical device or healthcare companies, bioengineering consultancies, universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, patent firms, research institutes, and regulatory agencies, among others. The job titles of biomedical engineering consulting experts vary and can include Medical Engineering Technician, Biomedical Engineer, Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician, Biomedical Field Service Engineer, Rehabilitation Engineer, and Clinical Engineer. There are also freelance biomedical engineering content writers who specialize in writing in this area for the media, government, business, and academia.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Freelance Biomedical Engineer?
To hire a freelance bioengineering expert, the fee generally ranges from 40−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to these specialists, then hiring a freelance biomedical engineer on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to harness their expertise.
How Do You Write an Effective Job Post to Hire Freelance Biomedical Engineers?
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
- Skills required (e.g., expertise in biomedical engineering research)
- What the project area is (e.g., targeted drug delivery)
- What the project entails (e.g., project scoping to determine the current state of the art in drug delivery for a specific class of compound and to suggest new areas of development)
- What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
- Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
- By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
- Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with biomedical engineering consultants who can provide your project with the expertise you need.