Table of Contents
Kolabtree is the world’s largest platform for freelance scientists, helping PhD-qualified experts offer their services to those looking for it. With experts in over 2,000 subject areas from institutes like MIT, Harvard University and Cambridge University, Kolabtree provides access to scientific expertise that’s unavailable elsewhere. If you’re looking to become a freelance scientist, you’re in the right place. This article will explain why over 9,000 scientists worldwide are choosing to freelance on Kolabtree.
Why are scientists freelancing?
It is estimated that 50% of US workers will be freelancing by 2020. Up until now we’ve seen freelancers or contractors work as designers, developers and project managers. However, highly specialized experts are also taking the freelancing route as:
- There is a big demand for specialized expertise in small businesses
- The gig economy has made it easier to access specific skills, on demand
- The political situation makes it difficult for scientists to easily work/collaborate in some countries
- Workers enjoy the flexibility and freedom that remote working and freelancing offers
How Kolabtree can help you become a freelance scientist
Kolabtree helps bridge the gap between scientists and businesses, with the aim of improving research and innovation through cross-border collaborations. It only takes a few minutes to register yourself as a freelance expert on Kolabtree. Here’s how it works:
- Register: Sign up and fill out your Kolabtree profile.
- Apply: View and apply for high-quality projects from clients worldwide. While you have to send in a quote along with your proposal, you are encouraged to discuss the scope of work in detail with the client to make sure that both of you agree on the fee and deliverables. You can set up audio/video calls within the platform itself.
- Collaborate & get paid: Start working once the project is awarded to you. Enjoy quick and painless payments.
Freelancer protection guarantee
We have a robust payment process that ensures you are rewarded for your hard work. Once a client hires you for a project, they deposit the agreed fee into an “escrow fund” where their money is held safely. In case of the rare occurrence of any conflict with the client, a member of our support team will be ready to step in and help you resolve it quickly.
Get invited to work on projects
All projects on Kolabtree are manually screened and reviewed by our team. If your skill set matches a project, you will receive invitations from our internal team to work on them. This saves you time, effort and energy, and ensures that you don’t miss out on opportunities. You can also receive invitations from clients themselves.
Make a real-world impact
With $4.5M worth of projects posted on the platform from clients like Volkswagen, Sage Publishing and Technology Networks, Kolabtree helps you work on high-impact projects that you may not have access to elsewhere. Our global network of scientists have helped entrepreneurs, researchers and businesses create new products, derive insights from data, publish research reports, and more. You could help someone take their project to success, too!
Want to become a freelance scientist on Kolabtree? Become an expert today.
Kolabtree helps businesses worldwide hire experts on demand. Our freelancers have helped companies publish research papers, develop products, analyze data, and more. It only takes a minute to tell us what you need done and get quotes from experts for free.