Data science is giving rise to new possibilities in every walk of life — healthcare, life sciences, business, AI and robotics, banking, social science, and more. The amount of data we have at our disposal is growing on a daily basis, and what we do with that data has the power to transform the world. Data analysis, AI and machine learning can be used to combat some of the biggest problems we are facing today — from planning smart cities to preventing the spread of diseases. Here are some of the most inspiring, recent TED talks given by global leaders in the science.
1. Rebecca Nugent: We’re all data scientists, TEDxCMU 2017
2. Cathy O’Neil: The era of blind faith in big data must end, TED2017
3. Mallory Soldner: Your company’s data could help end world hunger, TED@UPS, September 2016
4. Tricia Wang; The human insights missing from data, TEDxCambridge, 2016
5. R. Luke Dubios: Insightful human portraits made from data, TED2016
6. Maurice Conti: The incredible inventions of intuitive AI, TEDxPortland, 2016
7. Joy Buolamwini: How I’m fighting bias in algorithms, TEDxBeaconStreet 2016
Do you have a talk that you’d like to share with us? Tell us in the comments below.
Need to hire a freelance data scientist? Choose from a global pool of 8500+ freelance experts. Post your job for free and find a match within 24 hrs!