We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP. Sign NDAs for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality clause. You can also sign NDAs and custom agreements with freelancers for additional protection.
Post your project and receive quotes from relevant freelancers. You can also search for specific freelancers by expertise and invite them to your project. Discuss your project details with each freelancer before picking the one best expert.
We assure you of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means you only pay when you’re 100% satisfied with the work delivered. If you aren’t happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. If you’re not sure how much your project costs, you can discuss with freelancers before arriving at a mutually agreed fee.
Kolabtree's terms and conditions prohibit freelancers from claiming ownership of intellectual property, and as a client, you are able to reinforce the message with additional communication, agreements or contracts.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
Pay only once work is delivered and you’re happy with it.
No minimum commitment or contract required.
Pay a fixed or hourly fee. We hold your funds in escrow until you’re ready to pay.
Post your project publicly for all freelancers to view and send you proposals, or interact with specific freelancers privately.
Get bids from relevant experts. Interact freely with them before making a hire.
Share files, make audio/video calls and collaborate with your chosen expert.
Verify the project is complete to your satisfaction before paying the expert.
Orthopedics is a highly complex medical specialty given that there are 206 bones in the adult human body, with numerous muscles, tendons, and ligaments attached to these bones. The past few decades have seen rapid advances in this field such as the use of robotics during surgery, the regeneration of cartilage using patients’ own cells, and 3D printing of personalized orthopedic devices such as leg braces and even of living cells for orthopedic implants.
Orthopedic physicians and orthopedic surgeons specialize inthe prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles (i.e., the musculoskeletal system). Orthopedic physicians and surgeons both explore nonsurgical options first, such as rest, pain medication, lifestyle changes, physical therapy,and rehabilitation; however, surgeons also have the expertise and qualifications to perform surgery when necessary.While some orthopedic medicine experts are generalists, others specialize in specific areas of the body such as the hand and wrist.
Typical areas of specialization in orthopedic medicine include:
· Joint reconstruction (arthroplasty)
· Pediatric orthopedics (treatment of children with musculoskeletal injuries, growth problems, or congenital disorders, such as scoliosis, clubfoot,unequal limb length, or hip dysplasia)
· Surgery of either the hand and wrist, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow, spine, neck, or hips
· Orthopedics sports medicine (focuses on sports injuries)
· Oncologic orthopedics (focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of tumors of the bone or soft tissues of the musculoskeletal system)
· Orthopedic trauma (treatment ofsevere injuries caused by an accident)
The various roles of orthopedic medicine specialists include:
· Diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries
· Helping patients manage conditions that can get progressively worse, such as arthritis and osteoporosis
· Helpingpatientsavoid overuse injuries where pain and discomfort arise from using a muscle or joint too often
· Deciding whether an issue requires surgery and, if not, recommending nonsurgical treatment
· InterpretingX-rays, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for diagnostic purposes
· Performing surgeries such as bone grafting, hip replacement,or internal fixation with plates, screws, rods, wires, or pins(termed “orthopedic implants”) to stabilize fractures
· Collaborating with radiologists, anesthesiologists, physical therapists, and other medical professionals
· Performing follow-up examinations of patients to monitor healing
· Harvesting and growth of patients’ own cartilage cells for cartilage repair
· Researching diseases and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system
· Designing and developing new or improved orthopedic implants, orthopedic devices, and surgical techniques
Orthopedic medicine specialistsundergo many years of medical training, typically including 4 years of undergraduate training at medical school,4 additional years at medical school, followed by 5 years of orthopedic residency. Orthopedic surgeons generally complete a 5-year residency focusing on orthopedic surgery specifically. Surgeons wishing to specialize further in subspecialties, such as oncologic orthopedics or pediatric orthopedics, must also complete a 1- to 2-year fellowship after their residency.
Orthopedic specialistswork at private and public hospitals, clinics, the private sector (pharmaceutical and healthcare companies), and universities where their duties include lecturing,orthopedic research, and patient care.The job titles of orthopedic medicine experts can include Orthopedic Doctor, Orthopedic Physician, and Orthopedic Surgeon. There are also freelance orthopedic medicine writers and freelance orthopedic medicine editors specializing inorthopedic content for the media, government, business, and academia.
Orthopedists are highly trained and specialized professionals. To hire a freelance orthopedic medicine expert, the fee generally ranges from 50−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access toorthopedicmedicine expertise, then hiring a freelance orthopedic consultant on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to collaborate with these professionals.
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
· Skills required (e.g., expertise in orthopedics sports medicine)
· What the project area is (e.g., rehabilitation of sports injuries)
· What the project entails (e.g., advise on the development and use of personalized orthopedic devices such as supports and braces)
· What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
· Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
· By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
· Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the expertsto still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with freelance orthopedic medicine researchers and experts who can provide your project with the expertise you need.
Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics Back and Spine Health Foot and Ankle Orthopedics Hand Surgery Minimally Invasive Procedures Musculoskeletal Medicine Musculoskeletal Oncology Orthopedic Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Orthopedic Trauma Pediatric Orthopedics
Ready to hire a orthopedic medicine expert? Post your project now.