experience in writing systematic review and meta analysis, and enrolled in many medical ongoing projects, community medicine expert,
A highly driven Cardiologist with 6 years of experience in diagnosing and treating patients with acute and chronic medical conditions. Clinical...
- experienced writer for neurobiology, gynaecology and dental products and studies - excellent understanding of scientific processes like anima...
20+ years of experience in Pharma and Biotech in R&D and Medical Affairs. Expertise in development and execution of medical and scientific ...
I am a first-year internal medicine resident at Rochester General Hospital in Rochester, NY, and a medical school graduate from the University ...
I'm a pharmacist and biochemist, with a Master's degree in Health Sciences, where I developed a project on the prevalence of sexually t...
After my PhD and Post-doc from Sheffield University I came back in Pakistan where I joined one of the Pakistan's top university i e. NUST....
Greetings, Welcome to our hub of professional writing and research, where a dedicated team with over five years of solid experience provides ...
As a molecular and cell biology researcher, I have been trained to write high-quality scientific papers and oral communication. Over the years,...
A Clinical Research Professional currently working as a Research Associate with over 3 years of experience in the conduction of end-to-end clin...
A dedicated and professional with a background in Public Health, specializing in Instructional Design and Content Development. With a passion f...
I am an English-first language medical writer with a Masters in Health Services Research from the University of Toronto. My educational backgro...
My name is Dr Anna Patricia McLaughlin, and I'm an academic neuroscientist specialising in mental health and well-being. I completed my PhD...
I have an extensive experience in genetics, molecular oncology, and academic and medical writing. I am part of the WeMEDS® team, working o...
Dr. Abdullah M. Farhat, MBBCh I'm an Egyptian medical doctor and researcher interested in medical practice, research, and teaching. I'v...
- I am Mohamed Abdelmonem an expert clinical medical researcher and reviewer. - My research career started three years ago by attending severa...
An accomplished biomedical scientist with 7+ years of consulting & medical writing experience. Recognized for excellent scientific writ...
Hello, I am an enthusiastic pharmacist and immunologist studying the role of the immune system in infectious diseases. For 10 years, I increa...
I am a medical doctor, specialized in Family Medicine, with a degree in Clinical Pharmacology, and an MBA in Quality Administration. I worked i...
I am a doctor (Vascular surgeon) with an experience in the academic field. I switched to the Pharma 10 years ago where I improved my writing sk...
Hire top freelance medical content writers for help with blog articles, white papers and healthcare content writing services. Post your project securely and get quotes for free. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted medical content writing services on demand.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality and NDA clause.
You will receive detailed proposals directly from Kolabtree. These proposals will include a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), project fees, milestones, and deadlines.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. Pre-pay for the next milestone. You have to approve the deliverables only if the quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Kolabtree will share multiple quotations for your project. You have the freedom to accept the quote that aligns with your project requirement and budget. You can get in touch with us in case you want to discuss the fee.
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP and NDA for added protection.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
You have to approve the deliverables only if quality meets your expectations. If you arn’t happy, we’ll refund your money.
Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Flexible, secure payments
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your requirement.
Hiring for healthcare content writing services$550.00
Looking for freelance medical content writing services$500.00
Expert medical content writing services required$450.00
Need to outsource medical website content writer$600.00
Post your Project (Free)
Your project details are safe, secure and visible only to logged-in users.
Get Quotes & Choose Experts
Discuss your requirements in detail with the experts before accepting the final statement of work from Kolabtree.
Pre-pay for your project and work with the expert to get your desired output. Keep track of files and conversations in the user-friendly Workspace.
Approve the deliverables once you're satisfied with the job done.
How to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer
Medical content writing is a niche communications area that is rapidly growing in demand. Medical writers are highly skilled at conveying medical information clearly and concisely in a manner that is both factually correct and reflects the brand and ethos of the company they are writing for.
How to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer
A medical content writer is someone who writes and edits content relevant to medicine and healthcare. This content can be aimed at regulators, insurers, healthcare professionals, patients, or the general public. Thus, the key role of medical writers is to present complex scientific information in a manner that suits the level and requirements of the target audience.
The various roles of medical content writers can include:
- Writing research grant proposals
- Writing up research results for peer-reviewed medical or scientific publications
- Generating stakeholder reports and advisory board summaries
- Compiling regulatory documents for new product approval according to company, regulatory, and International Council for Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Creating marketing material to promote medical products or services to health professionals or the public, such as product brochures, white papers, case studies, infographics, press releases, and product sheets
- Writing informative, engaging, and SEO-optimized digital content, including web pages, mobile apps, podcasts, animations and videos, slide sets, social media posts, blog posts, and emailed newsletters
- Writing health education materials such as disease-related literature, medical books, and patient decision aids
- Producing content for healthcare websites, health magazines, or news outlets
- Creating abstracts, posters, and slide presentations for medical conferences
- Creating advertisements for pharmaceuticals, devices, and other products
- Drawing up healthcare policy documents
- Collaborating with medical doctors, regulators, engineers, scientists, and other subject matter experts to prepare content
- Conducting background/supporting research using literature and other database searches
- Working effectively with document management systems and related tools and templates
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of templates/standards for different types of medical content
- Ensuring a consistent writing style and presentation format that adheres to standard operating procedures (SOP), good publication practice (GPP), and other relevant publication guidelines
- Assisting at a higher level by helping companies develop a content planning strategy, content distribution strategy, and/or managing a team of junior medical writers
Experts in medical communications will typically have several years of experience in the field and will usually hold a PharmD, MD, or Master’s or Ph.D. degree in an allied scientific or communications field. Many will be affiliated with the professional association relevant to their region, such as the European Medical Writers Association (EMWA) or the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA). These experts will have deep knowledge of their chosen area, the regulatory framework where relevant, and international guidelines pertaining to medical writing.
Medical content writers work either as freelance contractors or for contract research organizations (CROs), medical device or pharmaceutical companies, communications or marketing agencies, regulatory and governmental agencies, medical consultancies, publishers, and news outlets. The job titles of medical writing experts vary and can include Associate Medical Writer, Healthcare Journalist, Principal Medical Writer, and Regulatory Writer. While some may be generalists, others may specialize as e.g., complementary medicine or cardiology writers.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Freelance Medical Content Writer?
To hire a freelance medical writer, the fee generally ranges from 40−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to these specialists, then hiring a freelance medical communications expert on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to collaborate with these professionals.
How Do You Write an Effective Job Post to Hire an Expert Medical Content Writer?
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
- Skills required (e.g., expertise in digital healthcare writing)
- What the project area is (e.g., online patient education)
- What the project entails (e.g., development of interactive educational materials regarding medical devices)
- What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
- Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
- By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
- Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with medical content writers.