My research area revolves around my life journey. From childhood, I have wanted to provide better medical treatment, not pharmacotherapy or sur...
Viky Gilles Daniel V.
Guru providing regulatory affairs services to the medical device / medtech, biotech, and pharmaceutical industries. Qualification supported by ...
Key areas: Medical Device Registration in all countries EU local listing UK Brexit Authorised Representative EU MDR Gap analysis and transitio...
samuel tadesse a.
5+ experience, engineer, lecture, and researcher, project manager
I have experience in the field of training work by biomedical devices such as aesthetic lasers, Hifu for 4 years, I have the experience to prod...
10 years of research experience in microphysiological systems and biopriting with focus on tissue engineering for drug discovery, personalized ...
Chemist with more than 15 years’ experience and an extensive knowledge of synthesis of organic and inorganic compounds, in the fields of nanote...
Determined and result-oriented Academician, Researcher, Professional and Entrepreneur, possessing excellent analytical and communication skills...
Professional who have been offering LaTeX services for about 2 years. He has experience with 100+ completed projects, in which deliveries were ...
I have a unique skill combination of mechanical engineering and biomedical engineering disciplines. I am having 5+ years of experience in desig...
Consult top freelance biomedical engineers with expertise in medical devices, clinical equipment, and more. Kolabtree is the world's largest platform for hiring trusted freelance scientists and consultants.
We take several measures to help you work with full confidence and peace of mind.
Keep your project private
Restrict who can see your project and send you proposals. Invite only specific freelancers to view your project.
NDAs and IP protection
Our T&C include a default confidentiality clause that protects your IP. Sign NDAs for added protection before disclosing project details.
Kolabtree ensures safety and security of your payments and personal information and project details. Kolabtree’s T&C includes a default confidentiality clause. You can also sign NDAs and custom agreements with freelancers for additional protection.
Post your project and receive quotes from relevant freelancers. You can also search for specific freelancers by expertise and invite them to your project. Discuss your project details with each freelancer before picking the one best expert.
We assure you of a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means you only pay when you’re 100% satisfied with the work delivered. If you aren’t happy, we will refund 100% of your money.
You can choose to pay either a fixed or an hourly fee based on your scope of work. If you’re not sure how much your project costs, you can discuss with freelancers before arriving at a mutually agreed fee.
Kolabtree's terms and conditions prohibit freelancers from claiming ownership of intellectual property, and as a client, you are able to reinforce the message with additional communication, agreements or contracts.
Kolabtree is the place to go for professional help. Work was done promptly and efficiently. I would definitely seek the service again in my future projects
Maher AnousIndependent Plastic Surgeon, USA
A broad network of skilled people in many fields that is very hard to find elsewhere.
Roger SkagerwallTech entrepreneur, Sweden
The quality and quantity of accessible experts on Kolabtree is priceless.
Webster WatnikProfessor at California State University, USA
Contact experts directly
Speak directly with freelancers and explain your requirements.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Pay only once work is delivered and you’re happy with it.
No upfront fees
No minimum commitment or contract required.
Flexible, secure payments
Pay a fixed or hourly fee. We hold your funds securely until you’re ready to pay.
Hire freelance biomedical engineers for space scientists$500.00
Biomedical engineering consultants for hire$600.00
Post project (Free)
Post your project publicly for all freelancers to view and send you proposals, or interact with specific freelancers privately.
Choose the best expert
Get bids from relevant experts. Interact freely with them before making a hire.
Share files, make audio/video calls and collaborate with your chosen expert.
Verify the project is complete to your satisfaction before paying the expert.
How to Hire a Biomedical Engineering Expert
Biomedical engineering has contributed to the development of major medical innovations such as artificial organs, dialysis machines, surgical robots, defibrillators, advanced prosthetics, orthopedic implants, and diagnostic imaging technologies.
There is growing demand for the expertise of biomedical engineers. This demand is driven by technological advances, aging populations, and the increasing incorporation and acceptance of technology in all aspects of everyday life including healthcare. Some more recent examples of this drive in technology include the 3D printing of tissues and organs and the development of smartphone medical diagnostic apps.
What Does a Biomedical Engineering Expert Do?
Biomedical Engineering (also referred to as Bioengineering or BioMed), is a multidisciplinary field that applies biology, chemistry, physics, medical science, software and product design, and engineering principles to address medical needs. There are numerous fields of specialization in bioengineering, many with significant overlap. Some of these specializations include:
- Bioinstrumentation: use of electronics and computer science to develop instruments for medical diagnosis and treatment.
- Biomaterials: application of natural and synthetic materials in medical devices or implants.
- Biomechanics: use of mechanics to solve medical problems (e.g., in total joint replacement).
- Clinical engineering: research, development, and maintenance of medical instruments and equipment in clinical settings.
- Rehabilitation engineering: use of engineering and computer science to develop rehabilitative devices to assist patients following injury or permanent disability.
- Systems physiology: use of engineering tools to understand how systems within living organisms function and respond to changes in their environment.
- Biorobotics: application of robotics to biological problems, such as the development of robot-assisted surgery for less invasive and more precise surgery.
- Neural engineering: use of neurology and engineering principles to develop e.g., cranial electrotherapy stimulation devices and advanced prosthetics.
- BioMEMS: development of micro- and nanoelectromechanical systems (MEMS/NEMS), such as microsized insulin pumps for diabetics and inertia sensors in pacemakers.
- Targeted drug delivery: application of engineering to the targeted delivery and/or controlled release of therapeutic agents.
- Biomimetic engineering: applying principles derived from studying natural materials and systems to problems in various fields including healthcare.
The responsibilities of biomedical engineers vary according to their roles but can include:
- R&D, testing, and modification of medical devices before they are manufactured
- Installation, support, maintenance, repair, upgrade, or technical support of biomedical equipment at customer sites such as clinics and hospitals
- Evaluation of the safety and efficiency of biomedical equipment
- Training clinicians and technicians on the proper use of biomedical equipment
- Conducting bioengineering research at research institutes, universities, etc.
- Providing advice and recommendations regarding the purchase of new biomedical equipment and medical devices to purchasers such as hospital administrators
- Developing the software and systems required to operate biomedical instruments and devices and to capture, analyze, and implement the resulting medical data
- Consulting on various aspects related to the field, such as project scoping, regulatory advice, patent law, sales and marketing, etc., according to background and experience
Biomedical engineers will typically have an undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as biomedical science or engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, or physics. A Master's or Ph.D. in biomedical engineering may be required for advancement and certain positions and responsibilities.
Biomedical engineering experts work either as freelance biomedical engineering consultants or for medical device or healthcare companies, bioengineering consultancies, universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, patent firms, research institutes, and regulatory agencies, among others. The job titles of biomedical engineering consulting experts vary and can include Medical Engineering Technician, Biomedical Engineer, Lead Biomedical Equipment Technician, Biomedical Field Service Engineer, Rehabilitation Engineer, and Clinical Engineer. There are also freelance biomedical engineering content writers who specialize in writing in this area for the media, government, business, and academia.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Freelance Biomedical Engineer?
To hire a freelance bioengineering expert, the fee generally ranges from 40−150 USD per hour depending on the required skillset and the level of experience necessary.
The hourly fee can be negotiated upfront based on the estimated number of project hours, or a flat fee (for projects of a defined scope) can be discussed. If you need short-term/temporary access to these specialists, then hiring a freelance biomedical engineer on our platform is a convenient and cost-effective way to harness their expertise.
How Do You Write an Effective Job Post to Hire Freelance Biomedical Engineers?
The best way to attract the top Kolabtree freelancers in this field is to make your project description informative. You will need to provide information on the following:
- Skills required (e.g., expertise in biomedical engineering research)
- What the project area is (e.g., targeted drug delivery)
- What the project entails (e.g., project scoping to determine the current state of the art in drug delivery for a specific class of compound and to suggest new areas of development)
- What the deliverables are (be specific about what you need the outputs to be)
- Duration of the project (provide an estimate of how many hours work you will need per week/by when you need the project to be completed)
- By when you need to hire (having more leeway on this will give you more time to choose the best expert for your needs)
- Your budget (per hour or fixed fee)
If you are unsure what exactly is required, providing as much detail as possible will allow the experts to still make an informed bid for your project and suggest the best routes forward.
Our platform makes it easier than ever before to connect and collaborate with biomedical engineering consultants who can provide your project with the expertise you need.
Hire Biomedical Engneering Consultants by posting a project for free.